Regional Victorians scoop Aged Care Awards
August 18, 2017
Dedicated aged care workers from the Wimmera, Kilmore and Gippsland regions have scored top honours in this year’s Celebrating Aged Care awards.
Finalists included staff from Bairnsdale, Benalla, Echuca, Lorne and Maldon.
The awards were announced by Don McRae, Chair, PSRAC Leadership Committee, sponsor Steven Strange, CEO Health Metrics and Tom Symondson, CEO of the Victorian Healthcare Association, which co-hosted the Celebrating Aged Care Week event at the MCG.
“Aged care workers are a tireless bunch. There are no doubt easier ways to make a living, but very few are more rewarding,” Mr McRae said today.
The award winners and finalists in passion, leadership and volunteer categories were nominated by their workmates.
Celebrating Aged Care Week from 14-18 August acknowledges the enormous contribution and showcases the opportunities of Victoria’s thousands of aged care workers.
The Celebrating Aged Care Week campaign has been running since 2012 and is an initiative of the Public Sector Residential Aged Care committee; a network of public sector aged care directors of nursing committed to the improvement of the public residential aged care sector.
2017 Celebrating Aged Care Award Finalists
- Paul Mark, Wimmera Health Care Group – Winner
- Nathan Willoughby, Benalla Health
- Deborah Everleigh, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- Raymond Miller, The Kilmore and District Hospital – Winner
- Robert Cooper, Echuca Regional Health
- Valerie Cook, Echuca Regional Health
Passion for aged care award:
- Susan Ritchie, Gippsland Southern Health Service – Winner
- Paul Simonsen, Lorne Community Health
- Jacinta Onans, Maldon Hospital
Celebrating Aged Care Week is sponsored by Health Metrics.
Media contact: Rosanne Michie, Rosanne.firstname.lastname@example.org 0411 868535
Program information: Tayla Baumann, email@example.com 03 9094 7777