Nominations open for healthcare leaders to join VHA Board of Directors
August 12, 2021
Are you interested in influencing the future of the Victorian healthcare system?
Nominations are now open for two positions on the VHA Board of Directors, providing an opportunity for senior leaders to help shape a healthcare system that meets the evolving needs of Victorians.
The following positions, with three-year terms, will be elected at the AGM in October based on nominations:
- Metropolitan health service, CEO
- Regional, sub regional or local health service, board member
The Board of Directors is a representative board of CEOs and board directors from across metropolitan, regional and rural hospitals and community health services who oversee the direction and strategy of the VHA.
Elected by members, this breadth of representation ensures the governance structure truly reflects the diversity of the membership and provides a strong understanding of public healthcare across Victoria.
Leaders who are highly engaged in the health system are encouraged to apply for these important positions and join other leaders from across the health sector in influencing the future of the Victorian public health system.
Nomination process and timeline
- Thursday 12 August: Call for nominations for two VHA board director positions. In the event of a contested election (more than one nomination received), an electronic ballot will take place.
- Thursday 2 September: Nominations close at 5pm. To be eligible to nominate and vote, your organisation’s annual VHA subscription must be paid.
- Monday 13 September: Electronic election ballot opens (if applicable).
- Wednesday 29 September: Electronic election ballot closes at 5pm.
- Friday 8 October 2021: Election result declared at the 2021 Annual General Meeting.
VHA member organisations are encouraged to forward this information to their board directors.
If you would like to learn more about the nomination process, please contact Liz Orkney.