Australia Day Honours for Victoria’s public healthcare sector
January 28, 2020
Several leaders from Victoria’s public healthcare sector were recognised in the 2020 Australia Day Honours this month, with many providing distinguished service to medical education and research.
The VHA congratulates all recipients of Australia Day Honours from across the country including those working in public healthcare.
The recipients working within public healthcare in Victoria are linked to VHA members including The Royal Women’s Hospital, Mercy Hospital for Women, Royal Children’s Hospital, Peter Mac and Monash Health.
Those recipients linked to VHA members included:
- Professor Shaun Brennecke AO from The Royal Women’s Hospital for distinguished service to medical education and research in the fields of obstetrics and gynaecology, and to professional societies.
- Professor Michael Permezel AO from Mercy Hospital for Women for distinguished service to medicine, and to medical education, in the fields of obstetrics and gynaecology, and to professional colleges.
- Professor Roy Michael Robins-Browne AO from the Royal Children’s Hospital for distinguished service to medical education and research in the field of microbiology and immunology, and to professional groups.
- Mr Phillip Antippa OAM from Peter Mac for service to thoracic surgery, and to music.
- Professor Diana Egerton-Warburton OAM from Monash Health for service to emergency medicine.
- Professor Jeffrey Zajac AO from Austin Health for his service to medical research and education, particularly in the field of endocrinology.