- Use your project management experience to drive change
- Work with diverse community health stakeholders on health system reform
- 12-month contract
- Flexible working arrangements
About the role
Working with the Policy Manager, you will lead projects in relation to community health reform and support the implementation of the community health action plan. In this newly created role, you will lead and contribute to collaborative work with key stakeholders to progress projects and shared reform priorities across the community health system.
You are experienced in managing complex projects, preferably within the healthcare and/or not-for profit environment. You will have strong stakeholder engagement, organisational, communication and analytical skills to support the successful delivery of projects. You are a team player with a collaborative mindset and aligned to the vision, purpose and values of the VHA with a member centric focus.
- Demonstrated high level project management skills and proven capability to support complex projects, on time and on budget, preferably within the healthcare and/or not-for-profit environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative and practical solutions to complex issues and provide sound reasoning behind the proposed solution.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills and initiative including the ability to prioritise competing responsibilities, tasks and prepare reports and presentations.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and effective stakeholder engagement skills, including the ability to put in place strategies and mechanisms for managing competing stakeholder interests and priorities.
- Ability to analyse and write clear, accurate and cogent reports, articles and briefings on complex matters.
- Demonstrated understanding of the policy and political environment impacting on public health and/or community health and primary care sectors.
- Experience in undertaking policy development, research, analysis and capacity building activities in the health or not-for-profit sector.
- Experience with development and/or understand of community health and/or primary care models of care.
For further information on the position contact Ali Georgalas, Policy Manager on 9094-7777.
To apply submit your CV and a cover letter via Seek before COB Friday 18 December, addressing the key selection criteria. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
VHA is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with full work permissions in place in order to be considered for this role.
About the organisation
The Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) is the peak body supporting Victoria’s public health services to deliver high quality care. The VHA represents the Victorian public healthcare sector including public hospitals and community health services. The VHA provides exceptional access, influence and scope for a unified advocacy and policy development voice to State and Commonwealth governments and other key stakeholders. In addition, the VHA supports its members with the implementation of major system reform and strategic business support and provides networking opportunities through topical and informative events on vital issues
Working at the VHA offers great benefits such as additional paid leave at Christmas and Melbourne Cup weekend, salary packaging and ongoing staff development and training.