- Work with diverse public health services
- Strengthen engagement activity with VHA members and stakeholders to support Victoria’s health system
- Full time, ongoing
- Flexible working arrangements
About the Victorian Healthcare Association
The Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) is the peak body supporting Victoria’s public health services to deliver high-quality care. Established in 1938, the VHA represents Victoria’s diverse public healthcare sector, including public hospitals, aged care and community health services.
As well as providing a unified voice for the sector, the VHA delivers value for its members by offering tailored professional development programs, networking opportunities, and informative events. The VHA advocates on behalf of its members on sector-critical issues by engaging and influencing key decision-makers involved in policy development and system reform.
Working at the VHA offers great benefits such as salary packaging, ongoing staff development and additional paid leave at Christmas and Melbourne Cup weekend.
About the role
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for engaging and building relationships with VHA members and stakeholders, ensuring increased engagement and strategic value for our membership. The role will also focus on strengthening our engagement activity and building relationships with health and community health services, government stakeholders, partners and other health peak bodies. A key function of this position will be to coordinate, design, implement and evaluate a range of member engagement event and activities.
You have experience in coordinating, developing and delivering engagement activities, preferably in the healthcare and/or not-for profit environment. You will have stakeholder engagement, communication and organisational skills to ensure delivery of engagement initiatives. You are a team player with a collaborative mindset and aligned to the vision, purpose and values of VHA with a member-centric focus.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and/or coordinating engagement activities, preferably within the healthcare, peak body, government or not-for-profit environment.
- High level interpersonal, communication and effective stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary and creative engagement methods.
- Ability to analyse audience needs, understand stakeholder issues and concerns, and tailor engagement activities and materials
- Demonstrated organisational skills and initiative, including the ability to prioritise competing responsibilities and tasks.
- Strong knowledge of stakeholder/member engagement platforms and Client Relationship Management Systems (CRMs).
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant areas such as communications, health promotion or community development and/or extensive experience in community/stakeholder engagement.
- Strong presentation skills and confidence in public speaking.
- Experience and/or understanding of Victoria’s health system.
- Experience working for or with a peak membership body.
How to apply
Download the position description. For further information on the position, contact Hazel Penfold, Manager, Communication and Engagement on 0451 655 443.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com. Applications close at 10pm Tuesday 28 September.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
VHA is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with full work permissions in place in order to be considered for the role.