COVID-19 Vaccine Ambassador Program group
The COVID-19 Vaccine Ambassador Program (VAP) supports the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination rollout in Victoria by building trust and confidence in the program and addressing misinformation in the community.
Objectives include raising awareness of the rollout, engaging with vulnerable communities on the COVID-19 immunisation program, reducing vaccination hesitation by providing reliable information through trustworthy sources, and reducing barriers to uptake by receiving feedback from community feedback to inform planning and decision-making.
The program aims to assist promotion, education, and capacity building efforts, and to create targeted and bespoke information, using the key messages and information created by the Australian and Victorian Governments, as well as provide operational and material support about COVID-19 vaccination.
Priority engagement audiences include:
- vulnerable, disadvantaged, at-risk and marginal communities already engaged with services
- people who otherwise don’t engage with health services or primary care providers
- people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and multicultural and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- place-based engagement with priority workers (e.g. large local workplace).
The program does not fund any COVID-19 vaccine delivery; rather, it aims to provide financial support and resources to a range of organisations across Victoria, so they can rapidly engage with their clients and communities about the benefits of the vaccination program during its rollout.
Participating services include:
- Aboriginal community-controlled health organisations
- Community health organisations
- Local government
- GenVic (peak body for women’s health)
- Carers Vic
- Victorian Council of Social Services
- Women’s Health Services
- Youth Advisory Council.
For more information on the COVID-19 Vaccine Ambassador Program (VAP), contact us:
03 9094 7777 or email email@example.com
The VHA also encourages services involved in the VAP to consider supplementing this work by booking the department’s COVID-19 Vaccine – Vaccination Champions program to speak with your communities.
If you are coordinating an event to increase vaccine confidence and would like to engage one or more champions to assist, complete the champions request form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.