Webinar: Understanding the legal issues for telehealth with VHA partner Russell Kennedy Lawyers
7 October 2020
This webinar explores the key issues and considerations practitioners need to be aware of from a legal and clinical perspective to help health organisations minimise their legal risk and provide high quality telehealth services for their clients.
Michael Gorton AM, Principal and head of Russell Kennedy’s Health team and Dr Melanie Tan, a Senior Associate in Russell Kennedy’s Health and Aged Care team cover:
- Whether telehealth is appropriate and key considerations in providing telehealth services;
- Telehealth systems and what how to ensure clarity and minimise failure;
- Preparation and consent considerations in delivering telehealth services;
- Methods of effectively confirming client identity and issues around privacy;
- Record keeping processes and arrangements for scripts; and
- Liability risks and how to ensure Standard of Care.