VHA celebrates 80 years today
October 18, 2018
The Victorian Healthcare Assocation is marking 80 years of service to the Victorian healthcare sector at a celebration at Myer Mural Hall today.
‘We’re extremely excited to be marking our 80th year, which is a celebration not just of the work of the VHA, but a celebration of our members and the sector,’ said VHA CEO Tom Symondson.
‘Today is a time to look at how far we’ve come but also look ahead. It’s important that we go into the next 80 years and beyond with a shared vison to strengthen our health system.’
Guests of the celebration will be treated to a presentation by Michael Rowland, seasoned ABC journalist and presenter of ABC News Breakfast. Michael will draw on his over 25 years of experience in the media, covering some of the biggest political stories in Australia and around the world as well as share some insights in the lead up to the Victorian Election.
The VHA Annual Awards will also be presented at the event. Awards finalists are:
- Excellence in Leadership Award – Alex Johnstone, Chief Executive IPC Health; Arun Thomas, Associate Nurse Unit Manager Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital; Dale Fisher, former Chief Executive Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Innovation in Clinical Governance Award – Inglewood District Health Service, Kyneton District Health
- Innovation in Digital Health Award – Numurkah District Health Service, Peninsula Health and the Royal Children’s Hospital
- Patient Engagement Award – EACH, East Wimmera Health Service, Northeast Health Wangaratta, Western Health
- Workforce Innovation Award – Merri Health, Numurkah District Health Service, Western Health
- VHA Award – Carrington Health, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre at Alfred Health, Western Health.
Last minute registrations can be made by clicking here.