Play an important role in shaping the future direction of community health
September 12, 2018
The Community Health Taskforce has been established to advise the Victorian Government on opportunities to strengthen community health services so they can better meet the healthcare needs of vulnerable Victorians. The Taskforce will work with the sector and others to identify a shared vision about the role and priorities for community health now, and into the future. The Department of Health and Human Services has engaged the Victorian Healthcare Association to facilitate the consultation and engagement process.
You are invited to attend one of the sessions and are encouraged to share this invitation with individuals within your network whose input you think would add value to this important project. We are particularly interested in attendance from people with community health interface within priority population groups, local council, community health services, DHHS, other health services organisations, community sector organisations, unions and primary health networks.
More detail about the process can be found by clicking here.
Consultations will take place at locations across Victoria throughout September and October, including:
- Primary Care Connect, 399 Wyndham St Shepparton at 12.00-3.00pm on Wednesday 26 September
- Melbourne, PWC, 2 Riverside Quay Southbank at 10.00am-1.00pm on Tuesday 16 October
- Latrobe Community Health Service, Seymour St and Princes Highway, Traralgon at 10.30am-1.30pm on Thursday 4 October
- Ballarat Community Health Service, 12 Lilburne Street, Lucas (Ballarat) at 11.00am-2.00pm on Wednesday 24 October
- Melbourne (session for registered and integrated community health service CEOs (or their delegates) only, VHA Meeting Room, Level 6/136 Exhibition Street, at 12.00-2.00pm on Friday 30 November.
RSVP is essential. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, organisation, position and the stakeholder group you represent, as well as the session you wish to attend, at least three working days before the date of the session.
For further information contact Noni Sproule, Manager of Policy or Ben Rogers, Advisor, Policy and Advocacy on 9094 7777.