Pinchapoo delivers 32,000 pamper packs to frontline workers
September 8, 2020
VHA partner Pinchapoo has been working via various new channels since February to ensure the most vulnerable, displaced and disadvantaged in our community have secure access to personal hygiene essentials, vital to physical and mental wellbeing – especially important during the global pandemic.
Some key highlights include:
- 32,000 pamper packs for frontline workers have been distributed via major hospital networks to boost morale
- 139 schools around greater Melbourne have had additional ordering access to the personal hygiene support program ensuring over 7000 families were supported..
- A partnership with Foodbank and Rotary saw 7000 full size family packs distributed via outreach programs.
- 2000 packs to those in hotel quarantine
- 73,711 basic hygiene packs to our partners
- 900 culturally appropriate toiletry and sanitary packs delivered within 12 hours of the commission towers lockdown via AMSSA.
- During the COVID-19 period alone, over 990,000 products have been redistributed to those in need all over Australia.
In a time that has seen Australians stopped from travelling, the very foundation of the Pinchapoo concept has also been stopped.
Their direct relationships have been more important than ever in keeping stock flowing to their warehouse for production. This has also meant more almost-expired stock rescued from landfill and repurposed to fill a great need in all our communities.
To learn more about Pinchapoo or how to support your service or clients, visit www.pinchapoo.org.au