Business Support Officer
- Full time, ongoing
- Flexible working arrangements
About the Victorian Healthcare Association
The Victorian Healthcare Association (VHA) is the peak body supporting Victoria’s public health services to deliver high-quality care. Established in 1938, the VHA represents Victoria’s diverse public healthcare sector, including public hospitals, aged care and community health services.
As well as providing a unified voice for the sector, the VHA delivers value for its members by offering tailored professional development programs, networking opportunities, and informative events. The VHA advocates on behalf of its members on sector-critical issues by engaging and influencing key decision-makers involved in policy development and system reform.
Working at the VHA offers great benefits such as salary packaging, ongoing staff development and additional paid leave at Christmas and Melbourne Cup weekend.
About the role
You will be a key member of the VHA supporting the day-to-day administration of the organisation. It is a varied role, providing you exposure to all areas of the business.
You will provide general administration, office and project support to all areas across the organisation as required. You will liaise with internal staff, our members, key stakeholders, and external suppliers.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy problem solving.
- You have excellent IT skills and enjoy helping others.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and ability to see the big picture.
- You excel at building relationships at all levels and are known for your discretion.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and CRM systems
- Experience in office administrative processes and procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks.
- High-level of personal initiative and resourcefulness.
- Strong administrative skills, attention to detail, accuracy and ability to meet deadlines.
- High standard of written skills with accuracy and detail.
- Proven ability to establish trust, rapport and confidence with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team, to collaborate and demonstrate respect.
- Experience working for or with a peak membership body.
- Experience working in the public healthcare sector.
How to apply
Download the position description. For further information on the position, contact Ellen Webb, Director, Corporate Services on 0408 897 677.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 10pm Tuesday 28 September.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
VHA is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role and supporting diversity. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident with full work permissions in place in order to be considered for the role.